Short Company Profile
Established in 2012, the Beaufort Group of Companies is a leading provider of retail financial services advice and products. With offices throughout the UK, the Group delivers high-quality financial planning and investment services through its subsidiaries, Beaufort Financial and YOU Asset Management (YOU).
Inspired by clients, YOU is an award-winning discretionary fund management firm with a 17-year track record and over £1.4billion in funds under management on behalf of private investors, trusts, charities and corporate bodies. The firm offers a series of Active, Income, Enhanced Passive and Ethical Model Portfolios as well as its own Multi-Asset Blend Funds.
Overall purpose of the job
Working closely with the CEO, the investment team, and marketing, responsible for the day-to-day execution of the business development strategy as well as sitting on the Company’s Client Services, Sales & Marketing Committee.
Accomplishing sales and business development
- Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
- Achieves an effective marketing and sales strategy by contributing to marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Developing a compelling value proposition for firms, identifying marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitors’ share, and competitors’ strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalising on market opportunities and coordinating new product development.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with business stakeholders, including clients, partners or vendors
- Building and promoting healthy, long-lasting relations by partnering with them
- Ensure all supporters receive periodic visits; exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
- Maintain good records for each business and contribute MI to monthly committee reports
- Build and manage the staff within the team (as and when the business grows)
- Be a champion of the Company’s values and promote the Beaufort Group of companies with integrity
- Support first class client service working in close collaboration with the marketing team
- Contribute to the wider business in terms of proposing and suggesting improvements to current processes and ways of doing things.
Budgeting & Pricing
- Meets sales financial targets by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for firms; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analysing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Provides management information by collecting, analysing, and summarising data and trends.
- Protects organisation’s value by executing duties in accordance with company values
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
Experience & qualifications
Proven sales background in asset management and/or investments. Currently involved in day-to-day sales as well as a thorough knowledge of sales processes and strategy.
Understanding of the investment management and financial advice segments of the market and have relevant experience in the role with established firms in the UK.
Understanding of the financial advice market would be desirable but not essential.
Business or relevant professional qualifications
Familiarity with a regulated environment (desirable)